Aquasana Replacement media for Simply Soft Salt-free Water Softener: EQ-SS20. Only use genuine Aquasana replacements for increased performance capacity and certified contaminant removal. Replacements made easy - no plumber required. Replace media every 6 months or 50,000 gallons.
More than just a softener, Aquasana SimplySoft uses innovative SLOW PHOS salt-free water softening technology to naturally condition your water and protect your pipes from corrosion without the use of added sodium. As its name implies, SLOW PHOS uses food grade polyphosphate beads engineered to dissolve at a controlled (or "slow") concentration to effectively target scale producing hard mineral carbonate crystals including calcium, magnesium, and barium (Ca, Mg, and Ba). SLOW PHOS technology works by altering the ionic charge of these carbonate crystals to reduce their attraction to one another in your water. By altering their ionic charge, hard minerals will no longer clump or pack together and create scale (Ca, Mg, and Ba buildup). In addition, SLOW PHOS phosphates act as a protective barrier in your plumbing to protect from pipe corrosion. Unlike salt-based water softeners, Aquasana SimplySoft SLOW PHOS technology will not demineralize your water nor will it negatively affect the environment by adding excessive amounts of sodium into our communal water system.
- Replacement media for Aquasana Simply Soft Salt Free Water Softener: EQ-SS20
- Use genuine Aquasana replacements only - untested replacements are not certified for performance capacity or contaminant removal
- No demineralization & no waste - does not chemically remove minerals from your water or put excess salt waste into our environment
- Gently and naturally conditions - uses innovative salt-free SLOW PHOS technology designed to prevent scale formation and protect from corrosion
- Replacements made easy - no plumber required. Replace every 6 months or 50,000 gallons